Mushroom of indoor plants - Yellow Lepiote
Have you ever noticed mini yellow mushrooms in your plants? What is that ? Is it harmful for my plant? What are the causes? I tell you that right here!
We are going to talk about the Yellow Lepiote ( Leucocoprinus birnbaumii ): a fungus that is often found in our indoor plants.
The soil contains several bacteria, so it is likely that microorganisms will form. Most are even beneficial for your plants and provide them with minerals.
If they bother you, just pull them out and simply stir/aerate the soil a bit. They also prefer old potting soils, so another solution would be to change the soil.
I also happened to see white or orange mold on the soil of my plants. it's still mushrooms. They like moist places, so spacing out the watering and increasing your plant's sun time will help cut it all off. We want to dry out the soil faster to avoid giving them a wet environment.
You have to be careful not to confuse the white of mold and the white that can come from limestone deposits coming from your irrigation water. It is enough once again to remove it and put back the earth if necessary.
Tip: Boiling the water before watering will avoid putting lime in the irrigation water!
You can repot the plant if the mold has taken up a lot of space.
Here are my tips!
I always suggest you seek advice from specialists if a problem arises with your plants!
Thanks for reading!
To find the perfect jar, click here .
Myriam Soucy - The Mimipots